Monday, July 13, 2009

It's Summer!

I thought I would have written more since my last post, but I really haven't had a chance. I'm already halfway into my summer, and this is the first time that I've sat down here to write. I LOVE the summer. I could absolutely never work again if I didn't have to. I easily find things to do to fill my time. Of course, many people would probably find these things boring or unproductive, but that's okay. I think it's relaxing.

In the 4 weeks I've been off thus far, I was watching my 6-year-old nephew for 1 week, then my husband, Jason had his surgery and has been off for 2 weeks. Today was his first day back to work. I've also had to say bye to my sister, Amy, as her family moved to Germany for at least 3 years. It was very sad, but hopefully I'll be able to visit her next year. I am sad that I don't know when I'll see her baby, Ava, who is supposed to be born in October. Needless to say, so far this summer has not been what I'm used to, but it's still been relaxing.

For the rest of the summer, I look forward to spending time with friends, working on my new favorite hobby--digital scrapbooking, reading, and maybe even writing. I'll also do other random things like facebook, twitter, scanning old photos, and finding new songs for my iPod. I also have some professional reading to do before I go back to work in the middle of August. I find that I have so many things that I want to do, but I never have enough time to do it. I guess it's that way for a lot of people. So it becomes a matter of picking and choosing, because I don't want to neglect Jason. :)

I am excited that I will be working at a different school this year. I was getting so overwhelmed at my previous school, and the opportunity was available for me to change, so I did. I have worked with the principal previously, as an assistant principal, and we had a great working relationship. I also have worked with the social worker at another school, and we also get along great, so I am glad to already know some people.

I guess this is all I have to say right now, but I'm glad that I finally was able to blog again. Hopefully, it'll be sooner than 6 months until my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment