Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stuff that's been going on...

Things are still going good at Grace Family Church. We've been going mostly on Saturday nights, which is their contemporary/rock service. We've discovered some great new songs that we didn't know...The Revelation Song (check it out on Youtube, it's great!), At The Cross, Sovereign Hands are just a few. We went to an orientation last Sunday for the technical ministry. It was mostly for Jason, but we got to meet the pastor who is over worship. And he's a friend of Pastor Ron's. When I met with Ron to tell him about our decision, he had told me that he was having lunch with his friend that week, and he would for sure tell him about me. Sure enough, when we said we were from Idlewild and knew Ron, he said, "I think he told me about you. You were in the choir and you're an alto?" Ha ha. So, he said they'll be in contact with how to get involved in the worship.

But, in the mean time, Ron told my parents to let me know that I could be in the Christmas presentation, still, that you don't have to be a member. It was funny, because I had just had a dream that week that I was in the presentation. It was the first night, and I was saying, "I'm so glad I'm in it, and not just watching like I was going to, because I would cry if I wasn't in it." When I woke up, I was thinking, "Well, I'm not going to be in it..." But, now I think I will be :)

I really appreciate how supportive most people have been about our decision. Although, even if they weren't, it doesn't change the fact that this is what we know God wants us to do, and that's all that matters. I just talked to someone else who has recently begun attending Grace for similar reasons as ours. She was the one who said that all that mattered was her family and what they felt God was leading them to do. So that was a good reminder.

Let's see, we still have not started P90X like we were going to. I'm really not motivated to exercise that much, even though I can see how much weight I'm gaining. When Desmond gets a little older and has had all of his shots, I at least want to take him for walks and get some sort of exercise. It will be better than what I've been doing. I've also thought about at least doing the yoga workout from P90X, but that hasn't happened yet, either. It's hard to watch Biggest Loser knowing that I'm not doing ANYTHING like what they're doing. As for the diet, since we aren't doing the exercise, we haven't been that strict on that either. I'm not going crazy, but I'm not always making the best choices.

I'm trying a new recipe out tomorrow. I'm excited about this because I don't do this a lot. When we first got married, Jason said that he liked to cook. I like to cook, but I tend to follow recipes. Well, I've always said that, but in the last few years I've realized that I don't follow as well as I thought. I either go too fast or don't read carefully, and end up missing something important. So, since Jason liked to cook, I just let him take over on that usually. For the first 2 years of our marriage he was working from home anyway, and it wasn't that big of a deal. Now last year, when he started working as an electrician and having to go to school, I was supposed to start cooking more. But I got home later on Mondays and Tuesdays, so he still did a lot of it. Anyway, I was kind of getting that itch to find some recipes to try the other day. I guess I want to feel like I'm fulfilling the traditional role of planning and cooking meals. So, I'm looking forward to it.

My new school has been going well, too. For those who don't know, I work at a middle school for 2 days and at an elementary for 3 days. Last year I was at the middle school, but the elementary school is new to me this year. However, I have worked with the principal and the social worker before. I was very excited about this change specifically because of them. The school is a lot smaller than the school I was at last year, and that makes a big difference. I'm also hoping to do more this year than just evaluate students. I am looking into doing some group counseling for different things. One interesting thing at the school is that they have gender-specific classes. In fourth and fifth grade, they have a girls class and a boys class. They also still have co-ed class options. The premise is that boys and girls learn differently because their brains develop differently, and they should be given the opportunity to be taught in ways that are conducive to their learning. It's pretty interesting.

Final updates-currently reading Eclipse. I haven't got that far into it yet. I have not done any scrapbooking in a while. I need to get back on that pretty soon. That's what's going on with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment