Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Card 2009



I wasn't planning to make our Christmas card because my layouts have usually taken me a long time to do. But, we wanted to use the picture of us at the ICE exhibit in Orlando, and none of the predesigned layouts looked good with it, so I decided to try it. I thought it went a lot quicker than I expected, which is good. Maybe I'm getting the hang of this more. I got all of the supplies from scrapgirls.com. I used the Rippled Paper paper template by Brandie Velasquez, the Holiday in Lights paper template by Brandy Murray, and the snowflake is from the Christmas Chronicles, also by Brandy Murray. I got the Merry Christmas font from theholidayspot.com/christmas/fonts. I was proud of this part, because the font did not contain the white, so I put typed Merry Christmas on a white background in Photoshop and then erased the background from between the letters, and anywhere that it wasn't supposed to look like there was snow. I've since discovered the magic wand and polygonal lasso tool, that might have made that part a little quicker, but it wasn't too bad.

Since these went out this week, this technically was the first layout I've printed, although I mentioned in a previous post another layout that I haven't shown yet because it's going to be a gift. But, I received the actual print of that layout in the mail today, and I cannot wait until Christmas so I can give it. It looks sooo good! Just wanted to share that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment