Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I had a great time with Amy and the girls. Just when I was getting used to them being here, they went back to Germany this morning. But I know Ben was missing them and ready for them to come back. I was glad that I got to see Ava while she was still a little baby. Of course, I don't know when the next time that I'll see them is, but we'll see.

I was so struck by how cute my 4-year-old niece, Jordan, is. I think all of my nieces and nephews are cute, but she is so expressive and dramatic, and she can't say the /r/ sound very well, so it's just very cute. We kept playing "ballet school." I was the teacher and I usually just sat on the bed and held Ava. Jordan played the different fairies from the Tinkerbell movie, which I haven't seen, so I was wondering where she came up with names like Iridesca, Rosetta, and Silvermiss.  She would climb up on the bed (and told me to pretend she was flying since she couldn't fly for real) and then she would jump off, and proceed to do these ballet moves. It was just too cute. I think I've said this before, I take so many pictures of my nephews and nieces. At this point, I'm going to have a ton more of them than I do of my own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment