Sunday, May 16, 2010

P90X-For Real

I've mentioned before that I've had almost no motivation to work out recently. I wanted the benefits of working out, but just had no desire to get going with it and start doing something. I'm definitely probably the heaviest that I've been in my life, so I knew that I needed to. I'm not really loving pictures of myself right now, which planted the seed of motivation. I also would at least like to be more fit when I get pregnant, just because I think it would be better all around. So, I'd been thinking that I would at least start doing the P90X yoga a few times a week. I just needed the garage clean out a little, because that's where we set up our "gym."

So I got home from work on Tuesday and Jason had cleaned the garage for me. I went out and did the yoga. I couldn't even do the whole 90 minutes that it is, but I did most of it. I felt it in my muscles the next day, which I always LOVE, because I know I've done something good for my body. Jason suggested that I start the P90X again, but do the Lean program rather than the Classic. When we did the program before, Jason was working from home and had a lot more free time. His job now also is more physical, so he's often tired when he comes home and not as likely to want to work out.

So, I started the Lean program on Thursday. For the first phase of the program, only the first 2 days is different than what I did before, then the rest of the week is the same. This is very good for me, because my least favorite day of the Classic program is the Plyometrics (Day 2). Ugh. Although the Core Synergistics (Day 1 of the Lean) is probably a close second. At least for now. I'm pretty happy with myself that I immediately developed this motivation to do this. It does take a lot of time, though, but it's something that I need to do. I don't know why I had such an aversion to it before. I guess I get more motivated during this time of year. I will definitely update on my progress in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment