Sunday, May 9, 2010

Project Scrap Girls (March)


This was the first layout I posted for the 2010 Project Scrap Girls challenge. This was the first time I extracted a photo, and I really liked how it turned out. The pictures were from one day when we were at my in-laws' house, and my husband was playing with his nephew. You can tell how excited he was, just clapping Jason's hands while he would say "Boom. Boom." I really like using the film strip for similar pictures like I had, then for the one I caught of him looking right at the camera, I enlarged it and extracted. The film strip template is by Sarah Batdorf. The background papers and the template to blend them together are by Brandy Murry (The Bees Knees collection and Background Blenders II). The "March" letters are by Amanda Sok from her Watercolor Whimsy (this is the same for all of the March layouts).


My second layout, from my nephew's birthday party. For the red background paper I used a paper template from the Panagea collection by Durin Eberhart. The red and yellow paper also was a paper template from the Appassionata collection by Amanda Sok. The layout of the photos was from Caroline Kaiser's Squares and Strips collection. The letters for "4th" are from Trish Yocum's Mosaic Retreat collection. The other font is Glitter Font that I got from a website, but I don't remember where.


This layout was commemorating my birthday, even though it was a very low-key day. I didn't have a picture of me from that day, so I just took one of myself when I was doing this layout. It wasn't that great, but I wanted to try out this new action that I had bought from the site. An action is basically a bunch of steps that are saved together so that you don't have to remember all the steps. You can buy the actions to load into Photoshop. Originally, I hadn't wanted to buy anything that I would be able to do myself. However, I really don't know that much about the settings for certain things I am doing (like blurs or filters or things), so when someone has already figured it out for you, and it only costs a few bucks, then yeah, I'll buy it. So this was a sketching action, which just turns your picture into a sketch. But the settings include the color as you see. (It's from Brandy Murry's Sketch It 2). The paper and flowers were from Brandy Murry's The Bees Knees (I recolored the paper). The frame is from her The Bees KneesAssemble Your Own Zoom Page (also recolored). The ribbons are from her Wrapped Frames collection. The 37 is from her Nuptials collection. (If you couldn't tell, Brandy Murry is one of my favorite designers. Love her designs!) This layout also was the second one of mine that has won as a weekly layout winner in the Scrap Girls newsletter. Again, I was surprised, but excited.


Lots of birthdays in March for my family. This layout is about my niece's birthday. She lives in Germany, so we didn't get to celebrate it with her, but my sister sent me pictures. The background paper is from Trish Yocum's Mosaic Retreat collection (recolored). The layout template was from Caroline Kaiser's Squares and Strips. The other papers, the little flower in the frame, and the "5th" is from Amanda McGee's Gleeful collection. For the other font I used a glitter style by Cheryl Barber.

In January and February I did a good job of getting my 4 layouts posted on the site by the end of the month. But I got behind in March, mostly because all of my events were from the 20th and after. Then, I was waiting for my sister to send me the pictures of my niece, so the last layout wasn't done until April. Then I've been stuck on one April layout, so I am really behind now. Oh well. I definitely want to stick with it, because it will be nice to have a completed album for 2010 (whenever I choose to print it).

No comments:

Post a Comment