Sunday, January 20, 2013

Project Life: Week 1 Done

In my last post I mentioned thinking about doing Project 365, which is when you take a picture every day for a year. You really can start whenever, but I think most people start with the new calendar year. I like the idea, but I knew from reading about others' experiences that it would be hard to continue. I even said in my last post that I wasn't completely sold on it, although I had been taking a picture every day since Jan.1. In the mean time, as I was "researching" others' Project 365s, I stumbled on another project, called Project Life. This is a scrapbooking system that was originally created by Becky Higgins, and it seems to be becoming very popular. Even my go-to scrapbooking site has just started a line of products that follow this type of system. I think a lot of people do Project 365 with Project Life, or think that you have to take a picture every day for Project Life, but you don't. They say you can do it however you want, so I've decided to stick to the everyday memories (which is what I liked about Project 365 and why I thought about doing it). The way I'm planning to do it is to make a two-page layout for each week. I want to focus on our everyday lives for the most part, particularly with Emery, because I realize that time is going to fly as she grows up. And I'm not worried about taking a picture every day. I only went 10 days before I decided I didn't know what to take. But I think I like it better this way. I'm still taking more pictures than I would have, and I'm thinking more about grabbing my camera than I had been, so I think this will get at what I'm setting out to do.

A lot of people work on their layouts on Sunday, for the previous week (most go Monday to Sunday, which I'm doing). I just finished my first layout tonight, so I'm technically 2 weeks behind, but I'm trying to stay on top of which pictures I plan to use. The system is supposed to be simpler and less time consuming, which I can see, I just took a while at the beginning to get materials together and to figure out exactly how I wanted to go about it. Now that I know, I expect the other weeks will be quicker.

For this, I got most of the products from www.acdigitals.com, which carries the digital version of Becky Higgins' products. I also got some from Scrap Girls (see above, my go-to site). Here is my finished first week.

Project Life: Week 1 (left)
Project Life: Week 1 (right)

1 comment:

  1. This is really neat Claire! I'm impressed :) Boy one thing I don't have trouble doing is taking pictures of Anlon. The tough part for me would be putting this together. I'm eager to hear how this goes for you! Emery is absolutely adorable. And believe it or not, it just gets better and better!!

    ReplyDelete