Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010!

I always love to read back through my journal at the end of the year, and reflect on everything that has happened in the year. I also write a review, highlighting important things that happened, for my own remembrance. So, this year I did the same thing. I always find it enlightening and exciting. It reminds me that no matter what bad happened, there were some good times, too. And in the bad, I usually find lessons to remember as well.

For me, 2009 was a year of a lot of changes. I went from having 3 niece/nephews to 5. Jason's brother had a baby in January and my sister had a baby in October. I went from singing on the praise team at Idlewild to singing in the Blend service at Grace. I went from working at Crestwood Elementary to working at Woodbridge Elementary. I went from having all of my immediate family living in Florida to having a sister who lives in Germany. But, despite the changes, it was a good year. From my journal, I can see that it was a big lesson for me in contentment. I still haven't mastered that, but I definitely think it's gotten better. A lot of what I wrote in my journal was prayer for being in a different situation (financially or with work) than I was in. Thankfully, I haven't felt that way at work in the fall. And, financially...well, I'm just trusting God. We're doing OK. Sure, our house is small, but it's enough for us for right now. And I'm thankful to call it our own.

But, I'm looking forward to seeing what 2010 holds this year. A facebook friend said it yesterday, so I'll repeat it...I don't know what it holds, but I do know God is there. That's reassuring.

I had a great Christmas season, I'll write more with pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment