Friday, January 1, 2010

A Legacy of Love


I mentioned this layout in a couple of previous posts, but I wasn't able to post it until after Christmas, because it was a gift for my grandparents. This was the first layout that I was able to print, and I must say, that it looked great seeing it in real life and not just on the computer monitor! In August, my grandparents celebrated 60 years of marriage. We had a big party for them, and at the party we displayed a bunch of pictures from the last 60 years of our family on a ribbon board. The picture on this layout is a photo of that ribbon board. A few days before the party my grandmother said she wanted to display the center picture (of her and my grandfather just after they were married) and she had thought about displaying the other pictures of the family, but since she hadn't told anyone, she figured we wouldn't do it. But I thought it would be a great idea, and Jason thought of using the ribbon board, so we were set. It was great at the party, too.

I had started working on a layout that was just using the old picture of my grandparents, and I wanted to give that as a gift for the party. Of course, I didn't finish it, so when it came time to think about Christmas gifts, I thought I would just do it then. But then I thought that it would probably mean more to have this picture of all their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, and I decided to use this photo. Once I did, it started going a lot quicker than the other one had done, so I knew it was the right way to go. For the paper, I used a paper template, Appassionata, designed by Amanda Sok. The tags and strings were embellishment templates designed by Paula Wright, both available at ScrapGirls.com.

This was my favorite gift to give for Christmas, and I know my grandparents liked it. My grandmother already told me that my grandfather wanted to hang it near the front wall so everyone that comes to their house can see it. I definitely appreciate the example of love and commitment that they've been to our family, which was why I wanted to make it.

1 comment:

  1. Turned out beautiful, Claire! And I know it will be priceless for your grandparents - and entire family in years to come :)

    ReplyDelete