Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Succession of Moments


I am getting on the Scrap Girls site a lot more regularly now. With one of my Christmas gift cards I purchased the Scrap Girls club, which is a monthly deal where you get collections for a reduced amount. I think they say you get $27.99 worth of material for $9.99. It's a recurring charge unless you cancel. But, you can also purchase 6 months or 12 months at one time for an even bigger savings. Anyway, I've really liked it so far.

Also, on the website, like most other scrap sites, they have lots of challenges to participate in. So I've started participating occasionally. This layout was for a quote challenge. They give the quote, and you do a layout for it. The quote was "Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." It took me a long time to even decide which photos to use for this. I started out with some of Jason's and my engagement pictures, but then I wanted to do something with one of the kids. I liked the idea of using a photo that depicted an everyday moment because to me that's what the quote is getting at. I used these photos of my dad holding my nephew, Kyle (he was only 2 then, so cute!) while he was grilling. I love that Kyle was wearing my dad's hat. Almost all of the materials are from Amanda Sok's Watercolor Whimsy Collection (this month's club offering). The star brush is from the Scrap Girls Refresh collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment