Monday, August 10, 2009

P90X

Sometime last week I wrote about the ways I chose to spend my time this summer. After I wrote it, I realized I forgot to mention exercise. Not that I exercised, because I didn't. But it was something that I could have mentioned when I was talking about the ways I could spend my time. And I realized that the fact that I didn't even think to mention it shows how far from my mind that has been recently. When I realized this, I was going to write about how I need to start exercising again. I'm definitely seeing the results of no exercise and my daily chocolate, or occasional Cold Stone cupcakes (yum!) It's really bad that I didn't take advantage of not working for two months to get myself into shape. I've found that it's really hard for me to stick to a good eating plan unless Jason is doing it, too.

And just on Saturday, he mentioned that he's ready to get back into our P90X eating plan and workout. We decided to start with the eating for a couple of weeks and then dive back into the exercise after that. He's had to wait a few weeks since his hernia surgery to be able to do any serious exercising. And let me say, P90X is serious exercising. If you've ever seen the infomercial, then you probably have a pretty good idea. We started it back in April 2008. We saw changes almost immediately, just in how our clothes fit, and slimming up our midsection. Other people were noticing a difference as well. Unfortunately, we did not continue the 90 days, just from getting sick, then craving a good Cracker Barrel breakfast, so we just sort of got off track and never back on. That's also when Jason stopped working from home and had less time to do it. We "started" again sometime in January, but that lasted maybe a week. Then we tried to start again in May, but again, less than a week. Part of that is also because it was before Jason's hernia was repaired, so doing the ab workout was really painful for him.

So, our plan is to start again in a couple of weeks. We're not sure yet of our schedule because Jason's classes will start again, and he won't plan to work out on those days. I think I still will, but we'll have to see. Now, I go through phases of consistent working out. Once I'm doing it consistently, I am motivated to continue, but it does become easy to deter me at times. I love the results. I don't always love the work I have to do. But I don't want to be lazy, and I really want to lose a little bit of weight. So, going back to what I said in my Priority post, how I choose to spend my time shows what is a priority for me. If I'm really serious about getting healthier and losing weight, then this is how I'll have to choose to spend my time. I definitely found that it helped me relieve my stress when we did it before.

We spent a good 45 minutes yesterday making salads for our lunches this week. Wow. But, I guess it's better to have them all done then to spend the time preparing them each day. I just want to really stick to it this time. I'll update as to how we're doing with it. And maybe I'll post before and after pics at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment