Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Priority

About once a month, my friend Rachel and I hang out at Barnes & Noble in order to get some girl time, and look at the magazines. I love going to B&N and seeing the books. I always think, Wow, I wish I had more time to read. The last time we went, I thought this, but then I realized--I've been off all summer and how much reading did I do?

I did read two books. But I also spent a lot of time working on my scrapping/photoshop, blogging, facebook, and whatever else I enjoy doing when I have my free time. So, if I'm doing one of those things, then I'm not reading, and vice versa. So, I can't complain that I didn't have the time. I just didn't choose to use it to read like I could have.

Every year when I go back to work after my relaxing summer, I always pray that I will find a way to keep balance and do the things I enjoy, even while working. It's even more difficult now that I'm married, because I have a tendency to get obsessed with my hobbies, which causes me to neglect my responsibilities. I can't even fathom what it will be like when I ever have kids. I think it's going to become a matter of priority. I mean, that's what I do now. Whatever I choose to do, is my priority. I don't usually think of it that way. I would never say that someone else is more of a priority than Jason, but when I'm choosing to catch up on people's facebook status rather than clean the house, which is something that makes Jason feel good, then I guess that is what I'm saying.

Not that I'm saying it's not good to have some down time where you just do whatever, but I just want to be conscious of what I'm saying with how I spend my time. Especially as it will be so much more limited than it has in the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment