Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer's over :(

I've been back to work for a week. Anytime I hit the change from work to summer, I always have this disbelief that I'll really be off. And then, whenever I am getting ready to go back to work from summer, I have the disbelief that I'll actually be working again, EVERY DAY. But, after only a week, I'm right back into the routine, almost forgetting that I even had time off. I've already mentioned what I had done for much of my summer, but I'm going to post some pictures now.

I spent 2 weeks watching my 6-year-old nephew, which was pretty fun. We hit Busch Gardens a couple of times, and went swimming at my parents' a few times.


I think he had more fun getting wet by the rides, then doing anything else!

Jason also had surgery to repair his hernia and was home for 2 weeks. He was being a goofball before the surgery, so he wanted me to take pictures. He wanted to roll down the hall and act like he was crazy. Sometimes I think he really is.



I also was able to go the American Idol concert, last minute, which was nice. Most of these pictures were taken by my friend Krystal, who has a much better camera than I do. My favorite of the night was Matt Giraud, although I always have liked Danny and Kris. And of course, Adam sang "Starlight" by Muse, one of my favorite bands.


We stayed after to get pictures and autographs. That was a lot of fun. Sad to say, I hadn't stayed out that late in a while. Then, when I got home, Jason was getting up to go to work at 2 AM. Since my sister is 6 hours ahead in Germany, I got to talk to her on the phone for the first time since she had left a month before.

I also caught up some on reading. I read the books Flashforward and New Moon. I wanted to get the pictures off Amazon, but then I thought that it may be breaking copyright laws. I don't know. I am looking forward to getting Eclipse next. I also am waiting for The Time Traveler's Wife and The Right Address. So, these will not be summer readings, but reading when I can since Jason starts back to class 2 nights a week.

I did a little bit more scrapbooking, but not nearly as much as I wanted to. I have realized that I'm very perfectionistic about these things. Hopefully that's just part of my learning curve of the whole process, but I'm not too sure. I only finished 3 layouts. I've started on 3 others over the summer, but those will also have to be finished as I can. I'm wanting to work on my honeymoon, so that's what the first 2 pictures are of. I guess you can't really read the journaling from this, but I basically say that we stayed at the Marriott Waterside on our wedding night. Cool view, then we were able to walk to the port to get on our cruise ship. The 3rd one is this cute picture of Jason when he was little, that I wanted to scrap.


Overall, I had a fun summer. I've also put a long blog up, with pictures, so I'm proud of myself for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment