Monday, November 2, 2009

Car Trouble

I had a pretty scary experience the other day on my way to work--my car completely shut off while I was driving. Now, I had some warning signs, even though I didn't realize it. First, my battery light was on. Jason had said we'd take it to Autozone to check it out that afternoon. But as I was driving, I noticed the lights on my dashboard were dimmer than normal. I also ran the windshield wipers, and they went really slow. Then my radio started going in and out, and my airbag light and seatbelt lights started flashing. At that point, I should've known to pull over, but I called Jason. It seemed to be driving fine, but I figured I wouldn't be able to start it once I got to school. As I was talking to Jason, all of a sudden, I could feel that the car was starting to go slower, even though I was pushing the gas pedal. I said, "I think my car's about to die!" Jason urged me to pull over, but I was in the left lane and couldn't. I got to a left turn lane, planning to turn into an empty parking lot. Now, if I had had full power, I would've been able to make this turn in front of these cars. As I was starting to turn, I realized since I didn't have full power, I may stop right in the middle of the street, in front of these approaching cars. So I stopped my turn, and right then, dead. I was a little freaked out, and I couldn't even find my hazard lights for about 5 minutes. AAA came and towed my car, and Jason sent his father to take me to work since he couldn't and my parents are in Germany. It was just my alternator, and it was easily fixed. The funny thing is, I had missed the street I needed to turn on and didn't even realize it. Guess I was so preoccupied telling Jason and figuring out what was going on. I kept thinking, how did I pass Hanley and not even realize it? But, I figure if I had turned there, I would have been right in the intersection when my car died, and that would really have been bad. So, thank you, Jesus, that everything turned out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment