Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year





I was off all week for Thanksgiving, and I am happy to say that I feel like I got a lot done in the scrapbooking realm. I organized most of my files, even though I still have some more organizing to do. I also got to check out some of the scrapbooking websites more in-depth than I have. I also finished two layouts! One is this pictured one, of last year's Christmas. I had started it sometime over the summer, but hadn't finished it yet. I made my own photo collage, but it wasn't very straight, so I had to use a paintbrush to draw the grid so that it looked straighter. I used the Lights paper template from Brandy Murray, scrapgirls.com as well as the All You Need paper from the All You Need kit by Meredith Fenwick of twopeasinabucket.com. The journaling tag is from the Tied Tags Embellishment template by Paula Wright scrapgirls.com. I had to make three duplicate layers, all of the different colors, and then erase in order to create the multi-colored tag. The font I found on a website, http://www.theholidayspot.com/christmas/fonts/. I think I mentioned this in my last post, but I love that I have found embellishment templates and paper templates. I know there are a lot of tools out there still for me to discover, but I think that my layouts are already looking better.

I said I completed two layouts. I will not be posting the second one until after Christmas, as it is a gift for someone who sometimes sees this blog. I am very proud of that layout, and I can't wait to give it to the person, or to post it. I have posted it on a scrapping website, but I won't give the link for that either.

I have so many ideas running around in my head for layouts, pictures to scrap, and albums. There seems to be two main types of layouts that I see...one that is more focused on telling the story of an event, and one that is more focused on the artistry of the layout. Those kind usually just have one photo, and lots of fancy, artistic details. I'd like to make some layouts like that, but I haven't quite mastered the artistry of it. But I'm seeing others' layouts, that are inspiring me, so I think that I'll be doing it in no time. For now, it's back to work on Monday, so I won't have as much free time as I did this week, but in three weeks, we'll be off again!

No comments:

Post a Comment