Saturday, November 21, 2009


Over this last summer, I started working on scrapping my honeymoon. I only completed this 2-page layout of our wedding night. I did everything myself except for the date embellishment, which came from Jennifer Pebbles' free kit at Two Peas in a Bucket website. It's called the skinny date label. I made the paper myself by texturizing the one I chose for a background. I used the floral brush as a corner border. I think I got those from brusheezy.com. I wanted the pages to coordinate, but not necessarily be symmetrical. It was hard to put embellishments on before, because a lot of the freebies I had didn't go well. And I had no idea how to make my own. But now that I've discovered embellishment templates, I will probably put a lot more of them on my pages. And, looking at these, I'll probably tweak this one a bit, since it's the only honeymoon layout I've completed. When I do all of them, I'd like for it to be a book. So, we'll see if a future post contains a (hopefully improved) variation of this layout.

On our wedding night, we stayed at the Marriott Waterside hotel downtown. We had taken a few pictures of our hotel room, and we had a nice view out our balcony. The journaling piece talks about this, plus the fact that we ate the food that had been packed for us at our reception, since we did not get to eat during it. The next morning we were able to see our ship in port from our hotel room. We walked to the port, which was a little more than we had expected, with the suitcases, but it wasn't too bad.

Having been getting more scrapbooking items this week, I'm realizing that I definitely need to reorganize my computer files. I started to organize them with a folder for papers, one for embellishments, and just take them from the kits I downloaded. I did this because I figured that it would be easier to look through all of my papers at once. This may still be the easiest, but then I have to make sure I know about all of the kit information so I can give the proper credit to the designer. That still may be the way to go, but I have a lot of kits that I downloaded and haven't gone through yet. So, that will be helpful, too, in finding other elements to put on my pages. Anyone out there have some good tips for organizing digital files?

No comments:

Post a Comment