Monday, November 2, 2009

Let's get this blog re-started

I originally intended this to be a blog where I could post my digital layouts. But, so far, I've written 1 post, only putting 2 of my layouts. I currently have done maybe 5 or 6 layouts, it was just tedious the day I was writing my post, so I stopped. Of course, I planned to come back to it, but obviously, that hasn't happened yet.

So, I know that a lot of people blog about scrapbooking, explaining how they do things, and so forth. I'm not quite at that point, yet, so my blog will not contain those types of posts. For now, I plan to do a mix of posting my own layouts, as well as just record my thoughts about the process, my frustrations, and my joys.

I actually haven't worked on a layout in a while. I was doing a lot of work on them over the summer, when I didn't have to work. Then I had a mishap with my computer--got a virus--and that kind of overtook my time. Since school has started, I haven't taken the time to do any layouts when I've had time to myself. Except, I did a little today when I was home sick from work.

So here are some of my frustrations...I get so many ideas of things to scrap. I worked on scrapping my honeymoon over the summer. I decided to do them in 2-page layouts, with corresponding themes/layouts. I finished one 2-page layout, and started on another. And that's it. Either I am too much of a perfectionist, or I just am still on the learning curve, but it takes so long to do things sometimes, so then I feel like I haven't gotten as much done as I would like. Or I feel like I need all this time to do all of the themes I want to do. I thought about doing layouts from past Christmases, particularly the ones since my husband and I have been together. I would like to scrap the trip to Disney we took for our 1st anniversary. I want to scrap other times we were at Disney, when we had our annual passes. There are lots of birthday parties and other family get-togethers with my nephews and niece that I would like to do. So, again, I have all these things I'd like to do, but when I sit down to do them, I either don't know how to start or I get so bogged down with the details.

Another thing that frustrates me is that things don't look as good as I'd like. I think I am relatively creative, I've just never had much experience or training in art, so I think that I could be more creative. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, which leads to the perfectionism that takes so much time. So, I'm realizing I just need to relax and enjoy this hobby. I do enjoy the creative process, and that's what it's about. I don't know if it's the holidays, but I've had a big urge to get back into scrapping lately. I think it will be a good thing, and maybe the learning curve will start to get smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment