Sunday, November 8, 2009

Easter Outtakes


I have a subscription to Scrapbooks, Etc. magazine, which I have found to be pretty inspiring for my layouts. Their website also has lots of digital downloads, like templates for collages and kits. In one of their issues, I saw a layout that had an idea for using the "outtakes" of pictures of kids that weren't usable for the project they were meant for. (Like Christmas cards or whatever). So, of course, I thought about all of these pictures that I have with me and Jason where he takes all these goofy pictures with me. I have them from a lot of different situations, but this one in particular was from Easter 2008, which also was my birthday. I remember I had sung on praise team, so I was singing the last service, and Jason had already gone to my parents' house. When I called, on my way over, he said my family had been taking pictures with the kids. When I said I wanted to take pictures, he said he had already changed. When I got there, he was persuaded to change clothes, even though he didn't really want to. So I think that's part of why we got all of these pictures. My sister, Amy, was taking them, and she kept laughing. I posted this on facebook and one of my friends was laughing that my expression was the same in all of these pictures, no matter what look Jason had. Anyway, we finally got a good one of the both of us.

This is another layout that was done before I thought to figure out how big the journaling print would look on the layouts when I do them. So I really could have fit more on there, but this is a good lesson for me to not be such a perfectionist. These papers were from the Scrapbooks, Etc. website (Graphic Pops and Cool Basics kits), and I recolored them to correlate with our pictures. The ribbons were from Mary Ann Wise's Party Hats kits, that I got on twopeasinabucket.com. I finished this layout also in February 2009.

As for a current update, I was able to work on a couple of layouts last week. One is from last Christmas, just family stuff, and the other is one from this last Halloween, since I dressed my dog in a Tigger costume. It was so cute! So, even though I'm working on blogging all of my completed layouts, hopefully I'll have new stuff up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment